An incredible opportunity
SA Police Legacy is offering an incredible experience to one current sworn SAPOL Officer plus one police legatee or young legatee (aged 18-21yrs) to trek the Kokoda Track in 2021 (15 April to 26 April 2021 inclusive*).
*Note: due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, dates of travel may be subject to change
The cost of this incredible personal development opportunity will be funded by a combination of SA Police Legacy and your fundraising efforts.
Experience the highs and lows of the Kokoda Track with a sense of courage, endurance and mateship without the ultimate sacrifice that our diggers made before us. At the end of the trek stand proud on ANZAC Day at the Bomana Cemetery to pay tribute to those famous diggers who fought to save Australia from invasion in 1942.
The trek is guided by experienced Australian leaders with comprehensive local knowledge and customs. Our Spirit Adventures company has already guided over 495 Police Legacy trekkers from around Australia over the past 14 years. The tour is exclusive to Police Legacies so you can be confident that it is a comprehensive package that has the most experienced trek leaders, doctors and qualified medics to ensure your safety.
You will be required to:
- Have a valid passport
- Organise approved leave (if applicable)
- Commit to at least a three-month physical training and preparation program
- Agree to fundraise at least $3 000 towards the cost of your trip
- Contribute to some out-of pocket expenses such as vaccinations and hiking boots
- Support the successful Police Legacy legatee / young legatee during the trek
- Meet the requirements as detailed in the Application document
- Be available to attend future SA Police Legacy events to share your experiences with others
Downloads (Please note the 'Our Spirit' information is based on 2020 and will be updated in due course)
Applications must be received by SA Police Legacy by 5:00pm on 17th July 2020